Whether a business is local, national, or global, much of its success can be attributed to communication efforts with the consumer. In this fast-paced digital market we live in today, consumers are taking to the internet to research their buying decisions. There is no question that now more than ever, your business’ communication needs to start online. Here are Red Water Media’s 5 compelling reasons a business needs a professional website today:
- Credibility. First impressions are everything. Now more than ever, consumers are taking to the internet to do research prior to making purchases and doing business with you. Does your business have a website yet? What does your website look like and how does it stack up against the competition? Now is the time to revise your website or consider having a professional website built for you. Keep a contemporary design and be sure all information and content is current. Also, remember multi device functionality and performance is a must in today’s mobile age. Ensure that your business is putting its best online foot forward as a reputable company to do business with.
- A website allows you to be open 24/7. This frees up your valuable time to do what you are good at and less time spent on redundant questions about business hours, services, products, etc. The questions that a website answers for your company, is much like a matchmaking service between you and your prospective buyers. A website is your 24hr representative. Be sure to invest in it and assure that it is doing a good job. Once a customer decides to move from your website to getting on the phone with you and doing business, chances are good that they are ready to buy.
- A company website allows you to speak ‘search engine’ language. Again, consumers are taking to the internet to do proximity research prior to making buying decisions about your company. The good news is that there are a vast amount of companies and online tools that can help you be found in your immediate market. Hiring an in-house team or monthly service to look after the constantly evolving methods of search engines, such as Google, is key to the discoverability of your company. Even without a website you can still be found in searches and social media. Adding or fine tuning a website can create a “home base“ of information, news, and relevant content for your customers. Having this captive audience is extremely valuable to any company that needs sales.
- Connect with your customer’s social media. Let’s face it, your customers may not be on your website all day, however they will be on platforms such as Facebook all day. Making your company available on all meaningful social platforms, ensures that your company will be on their phone in their pocket all day long, as well. If your company already has a social media presence, improve upon what is working well and boost brand identity by linking social media platforms with each other and your website. This also maintains a captive consumer base to ensure that your brand is seen in every phase of your customers daily digital routine.
- Your competition has a professional website. There is always one (or more) advantage that your competition has above you. Whether it’s facility capacity, experience, “years in business”, or maybe theirs is just a better website than yours. Having a professional website is like a fast pass to place you among the best in your market. Let’s face it, in today’s day and age, customers are demanding nothing but the best. This includes your website’s look and feel, performance, functionality, and it’s valuable and relevant information. Don’t get passed by because your company doesn’t have a digital footprint on the internet’s main street.
We encourage you to level up your online presence with a professional website. There are many resources out there from free and monthly, to professional design services. If any of these 5 compelling reasons present opportunities for improvement in your business, set up a call with Red Water Media. We would love to talk more about how we can help you move your business forward in today’s digital world.